Hi ffolks,
Thanks so much to this List,I got a valuable post in
the earlier mails from people here,I would like to
implement it that  but i have small query before I
implement that, would like to see advise from them on
the same .....

I found the following on CHGS36 options in my AS/400,
Shared opens of files . . . . . . . . .   Y
Store deleted files in cache  . . . . .   Y

I would like to  change the shared opens
and cache deleted files to 'N'(If N (No) is specified,
the System/36 environment will not
 use automatic shared opens of files.  This will
maintain  functional compatibility with the
System/36.)and would like to see whether the lock
problem goes away.
------------------
Question:
My question is that I want to check the results in
Testing enviornment before I implement it in
production environment .
I felt Testing environment does not reflect the
complete environment of production ,production is
having several combinations of different jobs like
robot jobs and  various batch  jobs etc.

I felt it is not going to give the results even if I
test in Testing environment since it is not reflecting
exact environment of production.

Advise me how can I verify the results in Testing
environment(after implementing this)?

Thank you for your patience ,if you need any info,let
me know ,advise me !
Murali.
-------------------------------

Actually this is related to the post i posted some
time back,The post is as follows below :
Hi

Iam getting the following error very frequently
CALL PGM(YCTC1)

    File YPOSF1 in QS36F in use, cannot be shared.

    Function check. QRY1765 unmonitored by YCTC1 at
statement instruction X'0016'.

    QRY1765 received by YCTC1 at 1100. (C D I R)

When i went onto check object locks on this file
YPOSF1 i found the following...
Job          User         Lock      Status
Scope     Thread
RBT_GDBPOS   D_MIRROR     *SHRRD     HELD
*JOB

when i went to check member locks i found the
following.....

                                    Lock

     Job         User        Type    Lock     Status
Share
    RBT_GDBPOS  D_MIRROR    MBR     *SHRRD    HELD

                            DATA    *SHRRD    HELD

Iam nt finding any locks like *SHRUPD(shared update)
but still wondering why this error coming so
frequently.Iam nt seeing ant locks like SHRUPD.Iam
seeing only *SHRRD.
In the above scenario i check locks and take Retry
from the response codes.
Can someone suggest me why Iam getting this error even
though there are no locks like *SHRUPD  ??
and how do I avoid this error coming again?
This is really making us to wait for some time to
check locks n come back then take Retry.I would like
to avoid this error !!!

Thank you so much for your help in advance