On many corrugated case packages of retail food products, there is a
manufacturer date code or an expiration date code.

Unfortunately, each vendor chooses their own encryption method.

For example, brand "Pepi-cola" may print 05-105 which means the product
expires January 5, 2005.

But brand "Diet-now cola" may print the same 05-105, but it may mean that
the product expires on the 105th day of 2005.

There are hundreds of coding techniques used by thousands of vendors.

Is there any software available for the Iseries or Windows which would
convert the corrugated case encryption into a common date format?

For example, when our warehouse receiving clerk keys a code date and a UPC,
the system would look up that specific UPC and the viewed date code printed
on the case,  and calculate the product expiration date.  This product
expiration date could then be stored with our lot tracking software.

Thanks!!