Brian,
you can order an 810 now without LPAR consideration BUT it is the wrong thing to do. Unless you like to gamble or have allocated resources improperly( fairly good chance of that happening). Anyone knowing you are going to LPAR near term should not even order the system without LPAR and its hardware considerations.

Do yourself a favor and consider LPAR now. You might not have to buy all the hardware immediately but you could implement a small primary and a secondary partition that is real production quality.

We have found at least one case were LPAR intentions were ignored, and a year later the BP was wondering how with in budget & available resources they were going to make it happen. It is more then just a feature code- it takes planning and knowledge of hardware and business.

Hope that helps.

Glenn
Glenn Ericson - in NYC

OS Solutions International
36 Mill Plain Rd., Danbury, CT 06811
NYC Phone (718)898-9805  Fax 718 446 1150
Conn Phone (203)744-7854  Fax 203 790 6056
<http://www.os-solutions.com>http://www.os-solutions.com
mailto:gericson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx