From: Don [mailto:dr2@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 6:48 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Midrange Knowledge test

Robert,

this brings back chuckles from several years ago.  We had a shoppe here in
DC metro that was the talk of the area...  Basically everyone in the
MD/VA/DC area had interviewed there at one time or another, everyone had
taken the IT Dir's little "quiz" ...I remember wandering into the shop in
around 91 or so, was done with thier little queeze in 10 minutes and ready
to start working....they just found it impossible that anyone would finish
their little queeze in less than an hour and without having to read half
of the manuals....:)

Never forget the look on thier faces....:)   I think they're still pissed
off at me...:)

I would suggest that whatever you use, make sure you get the personnel
folks to approve it.  Given how litigenous people can be over the
stupidist reasons, it's a good CYA...

Don in DC

----------------------------

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Joubert, Robert wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> This is something that has JUST been put on my plate and I am hoping
> (actually praying) that SOMEONE out there can help:-
>
> I need some sort of written test to evaluate an applicant's knowledge of
the
> iSeries - some operations but mostly programming questions (CL, PF, LF,
> DSPF, PRTF, RPG/400 & RPGiv) are desired.
>
> Does anyone know of any such test?  And where it can be obtained?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Rob Joubert
> Authentic Fitness Corporation
> (323) 837-6486