Another thought would be MAPICS????

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Galgano [mailto:cgalgano2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 4:34 PM
To: Midrange List
Subject: iSeries software for Candy Manufacturing

Well, this might be a long shot.......

My cousin just called me.  He works for a medium size Candy manufacturer
(private) that is going thru an expansion.  Most of their business is
private label, bulk candy, all is manufactured to order and then shipped.
Very little finished goods inventory.

I have been talking to him for quite a number of years of trying to get some
business out of them.  As far as I know, they have a small PC network.  They
know they need to upgrade their software to support manufacturing and
inventory control, job costing, tracking, etc.

They have asked me to contact them concerning the possibility of an analysis
of what they need.  I know they will need to do EDI with some of their
larger grocery customers.  I would love to see this turn into an iSeries
account.  Anyone know any software that I can review that might be a good
fit for a candy company.  I suspect that most food processing software will
fit the bill.

Thanks,
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
600 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 400
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation