We have a few customers with Internet connections that have allowed only
port 397 for AnyNet to come in to their iSeries, and only from the
specific IP address of our system.  We therefore have to use STRPASTHR to
get an interactive session on their system, and SNADS also runs via
AnyNet.  We have no problem with SNADS - files are sent without problem,
but the interactive sessions seem to constantly "timeout" after several
minutes and the session is ended (with a CPF8907 at the originating
system).  Has anyone found a way to prevent this timeout problem with
STRPASTHR via AnyNet?  I have used the default MODE(BLANK) and also
MODE(#INTER) with no difference.  I'm wondering if there are some specific
settings on a mode description that might help, or some other way of
solving this.  At one customer site we had to resort to opening a specific
port for TELNET - and the timeout problem disappeared.  We would however
prefer to use just port 397 for AnyNet if we can solve this annoying
timeout problem.

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.                 OS/400~~~~~
Phone:(519) 653-1027        ____________          ___  ~
Cell.:(416) 565-1682        |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
mailto:NeilP@xxxxxxxxxxx     oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
http://www.DPSlink.com       IBM iSeries   The Ultimate eServer