Esteemed listers,

I was charged with the task of solving some problems with an ICF program.
Having never worked with ICF before, I would appreciate some assistance to
TFM's, as appropos.  I tried searching the archives, but they appear to be
unavailable at the moment (DNS error).

It appears that the RPG program is successfully transmitting a header
record to the remote system, which is supposed to use this info as an
authentication and signals it to start sending data back to us.  However,
when our program does a "read" on the ICF file, we are getting a
major/minor code of 3401.  The description I found for major 34 is not
helpful: "An input exception occurred.  The data length or record format
was not acceptable for the program."  A clue may be in the job log;
CPF4768 says "Input length specified for file MMICFF in library MMTCUST
smaller than actual length."  This was followed by RPG9001: "Error RPG1201
caused program MR010 to stop."

Any help with deciphering this would be most appreciated!

TIA, GA