I assume you know that IPDS is a hardware, not a software
function ??? IPDS is done at the microcode level on printers
and requires a small cpu to do all the IPDS "things".

Barcode is a AFP keyword and requires a *IPDS or *AFPDS printer
to print the bar code. Since most AFP functions can be done using
HPT, you are in luck. Performance might be a problem depending on
volumes. IPDS remains the premier way to print.

Pete Massiello wrote:

We have the need to print some barcodes on some AS/400 reports (we are using the keyword Barcode in the DDS), and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for using an HP2200 type printer to do this. Can we configure a printer as *IPDS via Client Access Emulation? Can we do this same type thing via Creating a Remote Writer attached via IP? I know there are some twinax connected boxes that do emulation as well, but that would be my last resort. Interested in what others have done.