Why would this exit point require that your password be sent in the clear?

Remember, iSeries Navigator prompts you for the new password.  That
prompting might be done with some sort of security.  Then it would
validate this on your iSeries.  And how it validates this on your iSeries,
I don't know, but if they can make a secure 5250 client that doesn't send
passwords in the clear I am sure that someone can make an iSeries
Navigator method for doing so also.  Now, once it is on the server and
calls this exit point program it's not on your network.  Thus who cares if
it is in the clear?  It never leaves the bus.

Benjamin Franklin

"McGivern, Tom" <Tom.McGivern@xxxxxxx>
11/18/2003 02:18 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: iSeries passwords

The problem is, how do you change your password over the network.  This
exit would require that your password be sent in clear text across the
network, so it could validate the content, if it were already encrypted,
then it doesn't know what the input was.

That's why ops-nav doesn't have it (IMO)..