Command definition:

             CMD        PROMPT('Verify physical file')
             PARM       KWD(FILE) TYPE(QUAL) MIN(1) PROMPT('Physical file')
             PARM       KWD(MBR) TYPE(*NAME) DFT(*FIRST) +
                          SPCVAL((*FIRST) (*LAST) (*NONE)) PROMPT('Member')
 QUAL:       QUAL       TYPE(*NAME) MIN(1)
             QUAL       TYPE(*NAME) DFT(*LIBL) SPCVAL((*LIBL) +
                          (*CURLIB)) PROMPT('Library')

Help panel group:

:pnlgrp.

:help name='vfypf'.Verify physical file - Help
:p.
The Verify physical file command verifys that the specified
physical file exists. It can also verify the existence of a member in the
file.
:p.
:hp3.Completion messages:ehp3.
:pc.:hp2.CPF9897:ehp2.Physical file &1 in &2 found.
:pc.:hp2.CPF9897:ehp2.Physical file &1 in &2 with member &3 found.
:p.
:hp3.Escape messages:ehp3.
:pc.:hp2.CPF3019:ehp2.File &1 in library &2 has no members.
:pc.:hp2.CPF3210:ehp2.File &1 in library &2 not correct type.
:pc.:hp2.CPF9801:ehp2.Object &2 in library &3 not found.
:pc.:hp2.CPF9815:ehp2.Member &5 file &2 library &3 not found.
:ehelp.

:help name='vfypf/file'.Physical file (FILE) - Help
:xh3.Physical file (FILE)
:p.
Enter the name of the physical file and the library where it resides. You
may
specify the following special values for the library portion of the source
physical
file name:
:p.
:parml.
:pt.:pk def.*LIBL:epk.
:pd.All libraries in the search path will be used to file the source
physical file.
:pt.*CURLIB
:pd.The source physical file resides in the job's current library. If the
current library
is not defined, QGPL will be assumed.
:eparml.
:p.
This is a required parameter.
:ehelp.

:help name='vfypf/mbr'.Member (MBR) - Help
:xh3.Member (MBR)
:p.
Enter the name of the member you wish to verify. You may specify one of the
following
special values for the member:
:p.
:parml.
:pt.:pk def.*FIRST:epk.
:pd.The first member in the file will be checked.
:pt.*LAST
:pd.The last member in the file will be checked.
:pt.*NONE
:pd.No members are checked. Only physical file existence is checked.
:eparml.
:p.
:ehelp.
:epnlgrp.