Hi folks,

Problems this morning.

While trying to reset a remote location (we are running in a frame relay
network, TP/IP Perle 494's with Ethernet cards, V5R2) I accidentally stuck a
2 next to ANYNETAPPC in a wrkdevd ca020* display (because CA0201 is attached
to that) and pressed Enter. Of course I get an error on QSYSOPR that another
virtual device on ANYNETAPPC can't is active and I take a C to cancel this.

We shortly after that, certain devices at remote locations drop and won't
reconnect but have left hand cursor. while other devices at same location
are fine. This is the message I get on QSYSOPR:

Route to location FW0901 not found for controller FW090RMT.

                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF9365       Severity . . . . . . . :   40

 Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic

 Date sent  . . . . . . :   11/07/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :
07:58:08

 Message . . . . :   Route to location FW0901 not found for controller

   FW090RMT.

 Cause . . . . . :   No route could be found for device FW09DSP09 on
controller

   FW090RMT from local location LEE to remote location FW0901 in network
APPN

   using mode QRMTWSC. Either no route is available, or the configuration

   specified does not fit the current system and network configuration.

 Recovery  . . . :   An entry might be needed in the APPN Remote Locations

   Configuration List (QAPPNRMT) for location FW0901. Display the APPN
Remote

   Locations Configuration List (DSPCFGL CFGL(QAPPNRMT) command), and check
for

   an entry for remote location FW0901. If one does not exist, add an entry
for

   remote location FW0901 (ADDCFGLE command) specifying *APPNRMT as the type
of

   configuration list (TYPE).

    The COS (Class-Of-Service) for mode QRMTWSC might be incorrect.
Determine

  the class-of-service (COS) used by mode QRMTWSC (DSPMODD command). Then

  display the class-of-service description (DSPCOSD command), and verify
that

  it is correct.

    There might be an error in the APPN network.

    The mode QRMTWSC might be incorrect. Compare the active number of
sessions

  with the configured session limit of mode QRMTWSC (DSPMODSTS command). If

  they are equal, increase the maximum sessions (MAXSSN) parameter of the
mode

  description (CHGMODD command). Make sure the maximum sessions (MAXSSN) and

  maximum conversations (MAXCNV) parameters are at least one greater than
the

  number of devices attached to controller FW090RMT. The locally controlled

  sessions (LCLCTLSSN) should be equal to or greater than the number of

  devices attached to controller FW090RMT.

       Correct the problem and the system will retry activation.

 Technical description . . . . . . . . :   The request to start a new
session

   failed with a Systems Network Architecture (SNA) sense code X'00000000'.

   sense code of 00000000 indicates there is no sense code. Descriptions of
SNA

   sense codes are available in the IBM SNA Formats, GA27-3136 and in the
APPN

   Support topic in the Information Center book,

   http://www.iseries.ibm.com/infocenter.

     Check the QSYSOPR message queue or the configured message queue for

   message CPP1234 or CPP1235. These messages can provide additional

   information about the failure.

I did DSPCFGL CFGL(QAPPNRMT and see:

FW0901    APPN      LEE       ANYNTCTL  APPN      *NO          *NO
10      *NO        *NO

And no devices have been added, etc so the session stuff is OK.

Any ideas ?

Out of 9 remote locations (not counting the down one) and am only getting
this message from 2 of the 8.

Thanks !

Chuck