What was the physical link for FROMFILE('iptf0098_1.bin')?  Meaning, if
you did a WRKLNK '/*' and chased up the tree and found the file, then did
an F22 what would the entire file name be?
If you did a WRKIMGCLGE on your image catalog what is the directory name
at the top?
What I am suspecting is that these were different directories and it
copied from one to the other.  I'd sure be happy to hear otherwise, and
how.

Benjamin Franklin

bdietz@xxxxxx
11/03/2003 02:16 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: ADDIMGCLGE

this worked for me the other day

      Message . . . . :  -ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(IPTF)
FROMFILE('iptf0098_1.bin')
        TOFILE(*fromfile) REPLACE(*INSERT)
    00   10/30/03  19:45:24.703184  QVOIADDE     QSYS        05EA
QWCCDSAC    QSYS        0543
      Message . . . . :   Image catalog entry added to image catalog IPTF.

-------------------------
 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
614-410-9205

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/03/2003 02:05:19 PM:

> ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG)
>            TOFILE(*FROMFILE)
> CPDBC2A - FROMDEV or FROMFILE parameter required.
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Benjamin Franklin
>

> bdietz@xxxxxx
> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 11/03/2003 01:58 PM
> Please respond to
> Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: ADDIMGCLGE
>

> I think you need to get rid of the directory path.  Since the IMGCLG
knows
> where the files are kept there is no need for the directory path.
>

> -------------------------
>  Bryan Dietz
> 3X Corporation
> 614-410-9205
>

>              rob@xxxxxxxxx
>              Sent by:
>              midrange-l-bounce
>
>              s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical
>                                        Discussion
>                                        <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>              11/03/2003 08:57
cc

>              AM

Subject

> [...]
>              Please respond to
>              Midrange Systems
>                  Technical
>                 Discussion
>              <midrange-l@midra
>                  nge.com>
>

> Gave the following a try:
> ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG)
>            FROMFILE('/fixes/iptf0045_1.bin')
>            TOFILE(*fromfile)
>
> CPDBC29
> Message . . . . :   Image already exists in image catalog PTFCATALOG.
> Cause . . . . . :   Image iptf0045_1.bin already exists in image catalog
>   PTFCATALOG at index 1.
> Recovery  . . . :   Either specify REPLACE(*YES) or a different file
name
> on
>   the TOFILE parameter and try the request again.
>
> Apparently it insists on doing the copy.  But it will use the same file
> name provided that the directory of the FROMFILE parameter is not the
same
> as
> CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG) DIR('/fixes') TEXT('PTF image catalog')
> So evidently there is no getting around the sucking sound of disk space
> and wasted, wasted time.
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Benjamin Franklin
>

> rob@xxxxxxxxx
> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 10/15/2003 01:00 PM
> Please respond to
> Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: ADDIMGCLGE
>

> Thanks for slapping that into my head.  Pi$$ed away a few hours
yesterday
> waiting for ADDIMGCLGE to complete.
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Benjamin Franklin
>

> bdietz@xxxxxx
> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 10/15/2003 12:26 PM
> Please respond to
> Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: ADDIMGCLGE
>

> Rob  did you get the note about ho to not have the files duplicated??
> I use the following
>
> ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTF19)
>            FROMFILE('/fixes/P19/iptf0019_1.bin')
>            TOFILE(*FROMFILE)
>
> Using *FROMFILE will not give you the duplicate ones.
>
> >From the help:
> <snip>
> *FROMFILE
>     The file name will be the same name as source image.  If the
>     source image is from optical media, the name given to the file
>     will be the volume ID.  If the source image is from another
>     directory, the file will be given the same name as that in the

cc

>              AM

Subject