Yes - CPYF can do this:

FMTOPT(*DROP)

In case that the field attributes in TOFILE() are too different you might need
FMTOPT(*MAP *DROP).

Only if you need to rename fields you need a WRKQRY to create theese fields (or
use SEU + CRTPF followed by an CPYF FMTOPT(*NOCHECK).

Another funny use of FMTOPT(*DROP) is a fast way to isolate a single field
(let's call it 'MYFIEL') from a file:

CRTPF QTEMP/MYFIEL RCDLEN(same as the MYFIEL field)
CPYF TOFILE(QTEMP/MYFIEL) FMTOPT(*DROP)

This will work because the CRTPF creates a file where file name, recordformat
name, member name and the single field name is all the same (in this case
'MYFIEL').

Henrik