Vern:

Weird, but fortunately not quite supernatural. Try this added instruction:

   dlyjob   120

just before EndPgm. Then, while the batch program is in delay, display the
joblog. I imagine this gives the reason why the "joblog" shows as it does.

The SndPgmMsg doesn't send the message to the joblog, as I understand it. It
sends the message to the *PRV call stack entry message queue which might or
might not result in the message getting copied to the spooled "joblog" when the
job ends.

And "when the job ends", so does QTEMP, eh?

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.