From: Booth Martin [mailto:Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 11:32 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Is it possible to have 2 display devices in one program?

"Care to share?"  Sure, why not, but no laughing, ok?  I would like to
develop a TALK utility.   Reaching another user for a casual question is not
graceful.  Obviously the phone or Instant Messenger will always be a better
method, but sometimes you just need to ask a quick question and SNDBRKMSG is
not very graceful.

My thought is that a single subfile of the typed comments of the user(s)
connected would be  common to all screens, and would appear to be a simple
solution to the problem of sending messages back & forth between users.  My
other thought now that I've seen Scott's comments is that the utility could
easily include more than two users.

Whether this utility is useful or not is moot.  My interest is in the
problem itself.

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com

Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx