My SSL will be expiring soon, so I'm trying to renew it before that
happens.  I logged into VeriSign and requested a renewal,  using the same
info as before, without generating a new key pair.  I've received my
cert.cer file from them, and I'm trying to get it on the system.

I start up the *admin *http process, and bring up the 'iSeries Tasks'
admin page in my browser.  I click on Digital Certificate Manager, select
a Certificate Store (*SYSTEM).  I then select 'Manage Certificates',
'Renew Certificate', select the certificate I wish to renew, click Renew,
click Continue, select No - Import the renewed signed certificate from an
existing file, enter the path to the file (which I have previously copied
to IFS).  After all that, I get the following error dialog:

Certificate not renewed. The certificate information in the file does not
match any of the certificates in the certificate store.

Well, it _should_ match since I've not changed anything on the 400 and I
presume that Verisign hasn't changed anything in my certificate from last
year.

Question: am I _required_ to generate a new key pair before I can renew my
certificate?  Or am I doing something else wrong?

Tom Hightower
Solutions, Inc
http://www.simas.com