Craig, have you looked at the SETOBJACC command? It is the fastest way to get objects into main memory. You can (need to?) specify members for files. Your loop could use this on the members listed.

Look at the help text on this command, esp. the opening section, for hints on making these things persistent in main memory. Thing is, you need enough space that is not needed for running processes.

The replaced object thing is a little different - there's probably some reference to a memory location in your job, and if a program is in use while it is recreated, that reference is changed to the copy in QRPLOBJ.

Once an object is in memory, it is available to all running processes, even if in a different pool.

If the member is small enough (probably < 4k), 1 read is enough to bring it all in. This depends on things like expert cache, which can use larger IO block sizes for sequential file access, which could be the pattern for source members. But the normal block size is one memory page, or 4096 bytes.

HTH

Vern

BTW, you still might be crazy. Just because a person is paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you.