-----Original Message-----
From: R. Bruce Hoffman, Jr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "James H. H. Lampert"

> Apparently not, since they're willing to buy into a company that would
> rather force its competitors out of business (with anticompetitive
> tactics that would make the "robber barons" of the early
> transcontinental railroads seem downright beatific) than produce a
> decent product. Microsloth (actually, my preferred nickname for that
> company incorporates an obscene Yiddish word) is the Enron of the
> software industry.

Now that's just the holy war...

Are you talking about M$ or IBM????????

IBM's business practices were no better in the 60's and 70's. The Justice
Department went after them too.
Hence the Consent Decree. Maybe you missed the news of it's lifting in (what
was it again? I just know I'm going to get the year wrong...) 2000? 2001?

Of course if you were born *after* the consent decree... well, it just
didn't exist then... right?

And even if I feel the same way about M$, how do you equate M$ and Enron?
How do you know that your grandparents didn't support the early railroads by
buying tickets on their trains? And (to take words from Joe's mouth) where
is the business case in any of that?