From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Thursday, October 02, 2003 16:58:46
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: LINUX Workstations

> From: R. Bruce Hoffman, Jr.
>
> Another way... If you want a "real" workstation and not a server, then
> check
> out the FTP install of SuSE. Just create the boot diskette and the 4
> modules
> diskettes and boot the install and point the ftp at a mirror... i use
> ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu (Georgia Tech).
>
> It results in an almost always, flawless workstation with the
graphical
> environment on terminal 7.

I'm not trying to be flip here, but these instructions are a little
beyond the "stick in a disk" installation of Windows. Even a phrase as
simple as "Just create the boot diskette" makes several assumptions
about the skill level of the user.

I think I could do it, although I'm not sure. The funny thing is that I
have a copy of SuSE 6.4 that I bought the last time I was going to "get
Linux" <grin>.

Joe