Follow up:

I did CHGOBJAUD on several source files so that they would start
journaling source member updates/adds/deletes.  Strangely, no such
activity was being recorded.  Thanks to Ken Graap, I discovered I was
missing *OBJAUD in the QAUDCTL system value.  Adding that got the ball
rolling.

Unfortunately, it appears that there are many non-source file objects that
are now being audited, creating ZC & ZR entries for program objects and
data file objects (+ others?).

Question 1:  Can some objects be set to be audited by a means other than
using CHGOBJAUD?  I am finding other program and display file objects in
some libraries with auditing set on for them.  There is nothing apparent
to these objects that would seem to make them more suitable for auditing
more so than the other 95% of the objects in their given libraries.  I.e.,
these are not "sensitive" applications, like payroll, etc.

Question 2:  Is there a way to guarantee that, when restoring
libraries/objects to the system, the object auditing value would be set to
*CHANGE for source PF's only?  I can see potential problems where I'd miss
auditing members being added when a source PF is being restored to the
system.  Or, perhaps when a source PF is duplicated via CRTDUPOBJ.
(Although it appears that the object auditing value for an object carries
over to the newly duplicated object.)

TIA, GA