1)  Remove all users from OV/400 now, before you upgrade.  There are ways
to do it after the upgrade, but it involves a bit of programming.  I mean
remove even yourself unless you are using the user profile QSECOFR and not
a copy of QSECOFR.  Repeat, QSECOFR should be the only person left before
you delete OV/400.  I actually could not delete users without tweaking
some IBM files because I did not delete them out of OV/400 prior to
deleting the products.  Nasty Catch-22.  Look at the bright side -
deleting them now will let you know that you have certain people left to
"educate".

2)  I know that Domino R5 uses JDK 1.2.  I don't know what other products
use any of the others.

3)  There were some API's to do spell checking.  You could call them from
RPG.  However, I don't know where they got their dictionaries.

4)  Read this:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/nav.html
For any other software or hardware that is going to bite the dust.

Benjamin Franklin

"Lance Gillespie" <lgillespie@xxxxxxxx>
09/17/2003 03:55 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion