Sudha,

Yes this can be done.  I have done implemented this technique using the
space pointer instead of the retrieve user space API.

It would be something like this:

D UserSpacePtr            *
D DataStructurePtr        *

D Dsname       ds            Based(DataStructurePtr)
D  dsfield1
D  dsfield2
     .
     .
     .

        Create the user space here
        Set UserSpacePtr = User space pointer (QUSPTRUS API)

        DataStructurePtr = UserSpacePtr;

        // Populate the user space
        For counter = 1 to somenumber;
                Dsfield1 = somevalue1;
                Dsfield2 = somevalue2;
                .
                .
                .
        DataStructurePtr += %Size(Dsname);
        EndFor;

        // Retrieve the entries from the user space
        DataStructurePtr = UserSpacePtr;

        For counter = 1 to somenumber;
                Somevalue1 = dsfield1;
                Somevalue2 = dsfield2;