Kenneth E. Graap wrote:

>Could I say:
>
>It really isn't a resource hog and having 10-15 people using
simultaneously
>it all day long shouldn't create any significant problems on a system.

I am not a performance expert and have not measured the resources used by
WRKACTJOB or the alternatives. Therefore I do not feel comfortable with
making the statement above. The purpose of my post was to set the record
straight on how WRKACTJOB works.

I have been told that on a system with tens of thousands of active jobs,
even one user using WRKACTJOB is too many. Even when the WRKACTJOB list is
subset it still looks at the control blocks  for each active job just to
see if the job should be in the list. I was also told that the GUI
interfaces can have a smaller impact on the system when the list is subset
to a small number of jobs in a subsystem, and if the default (or fewer)
output columns are used.

My recommendation is to use WRKACTJOB sparingly. Use WRKSPLF, WRKSBMJOB,
and WRKUSRJOB whenever they provide the information you are looking for.

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx