Jeff,  this is REALLY easy if all you want to do is serve up static web
pages from your iSeries.  I could say a lot about this topic, and Brad Stone
could say even more about it, but basically....here are the steps you need
to follow to get your AS/400 on the web, serving web pages:  These steps are
for a V5R2 system, but they apply to V4R5 and V5R1 also, for the most part.

1. Install iSeries HTTP Server (5722DG1) for V5R1/V5R2
2. Install and apply all CUME, HIPER and PTFs for 5722DG1, the Database and
the Java products (don't rememvber their Product IDs off the top of my head)
3. From iSeries command line:  STRTCPSVR *HTTP HTTPSVR(*ADMIN)
4. From a browser on your PC, enter this address:
http://youriseriesipaddress:2001
5. Click on the IBM HTTP Server for iSeries link
6. Click on the SETUP tab
7. Click on Create New HTTP Server
8. Select HTTP Server Powered by Apache
9. Give the Server an appropriate name and take all the rest as defaults
10. Click on the Finish button when you get there.
11. Click on the Manage Server tab
12. Click on the Start HTTP Server button for that server you just created
13. Wait a moment or two to give it time to start and then enter the
following into your browsers address bar:  http://youriseriesipaddress

You should see the default HTML page for that HTTP Server instance.

You can now create your own web pages and place them into the
"/www/servername/htdocs/" directory on your iSeries IFS.  (note: change
"servername" to whatever name you chose for the name of your HTTP Server you
just created.

That's it.

Pretty simple, huh?

Shannon O'Donnell