Actually, this I can understand.  Back when we were setting up new iSeries
right and left I could send a tape to a remote site and say run this and
the machine would be all configured.  I suppose you can work around it
with api's, which is what I guess that the bloke who wrote the green
screen tools did.  (And I knew some glassy eyed IBMer's who were quite
quick with the hex codes on calling the api's from the command line versus
using Op's Nav in it's infancy, when I went up to Rochester.)
And I'll admit, I use CFGDOMSVR instead of the GUI method to configure a
Domino server.  But the first time I did it I had an IBMer who was
familiar with Unix helping me to set up Domino and while I'd be willing to
bet they didn't have CFGDOMSVR, she was more familiar with a command line
interface.  I like the job logging of that.

I don't know why setting up netserver via gui is so nerve rattling though.

Benjamin Franklin

Mandy.Shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/11/2003 04:01 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion