Often during a single day my homely 9406 170 processes jobs that run the CPU
hard n' heavy with usage up to 100% for up to an hour at a time. During this
time my phone rings ff the hook from users who want to know "why the network
is so slow." I explain to them that the machine is processing a
labor-intensive job and that things should be back to normal soon (which it
does).

For some reason though I get the same calls over and over again. No matter
how many times I explain it the explanation never seems to stick. Since not
everyone has line access I do not want to explain WRKACTJOB CPU:% lookups
every time this happens (they would probably forget that too anyway :)

So here's what I would like to do...

In the upper left-hand corner of all screens I would like to insert the
current percentage so the users can see for themselves what's going on.
Instead of CPU I would relabel it something like "Usage:" or "Load:")

If at all possible I would like to put descriptions instead of the
percentage number (Light/Heavy/Maximum or something like that) in colors
that correspond to the level, but really the percentage is great if I can
get even that.

Some time ago someone did something similar to this that shows the
environment the user is logged into so I'm pretty sure this is possible. Can
someone tell me how?

Thanks!
Alan Kincer - MCSE, A+
IT Section Manager - KI(USA)
501 Mayde Rd.
Berea, Ky. 40403

859.986.1420 ext 231
859.986.1485 (fax)

"Sometimes it seems the only way to fit in is to stand out." -- Robert
Bianco