Hi,

yesterday, we had some strange netbios TCP/IP connections on our AS/400's (both
of them).
A PC from a remote WAN location was connecting on port 445 to internal
ip-addresses of our
810 and 820.

Funny thing is, the PC didn't connect to our official AS/400 addresses, but
internal ones. For
example, our 810 has xxx.60.66.61 as its main address (officially in the DNS)
and
xxx.60.65.201 for internal use (second ethernet interface). The connection was
going to the
65.201 address, but Netserver is running on the 66.61.

We have the IP-address of the offender(?) and are investigating internally.

Also, before these netbios connections, I saw 2 dropped connections (in
qsysopr) from
addresses 10.0.0.100 and 169.254.xxx.xxx.

Netstat *cnn showed only minmal traffic (a few 100 bytes) on those port 445
connections.
Once again, the remote PC was connecting to port 445 on both AS/400s.

Any ideas what this could have been? I regularly look at netstat *cnn and know
the IP-address
which show up there. I never have seen such connections before.

Can I restrict Netserver to a specific ethernet interface?

Thanks,

Oliver