I would like to propose a brief "contest" to design an
iSeries related t-shirt. I have asked David if ok to do this
on midrange-l and he ok'd as long as not a for profit venture.

I've previously created 2 different shirts for different Common's.
Was mad at IBM's wimpy eXtreme campaign.
Some were given to IBM execs and others sold to recover the
cost of shirts & printing. Am planning on Common in Orlando
and thought it would be fun to open up the design to all.
This will be a one time printing, and most likely mailed.
I do get quality shirts, and if you propose a
design, also select if prefer polo shirt or tshirt.

Previous shirts were only runs of 20, so I'm a little nervous
about opening this up.
see http://www.400webserver.com/web/shirts.htm for previous designs.
Design or text can be business-like or not, funny, eXtreme, whatever.
Could be a midrange.com shirt? I do not intend to get ibm's permission
so don't include an official logo (unless you can arrange permission)

I think we should keep this to just a few days, say no more than Tue-Aug 5.

Send images and questions direct to me. If you think it's a stupid idea
then tell me that also. I don't want to do anything to violate Common
rules, ... just wear the shirts (or hats?
Please do not send me or the list an order for a shirt till this is final.
jim franz