Hello, Oliver

I wonder if MQ would do the trick (Messaging and Queueing). Here is a link to a slightly elderly Redbook on the product (now called Websphere MQ) -- <http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg245236.html>. I haven't used it but have seen client CDs for lots of platforms. one of its benefits is guaranteed delivery of the messages.

And, in InfoCenter, under the title "How to avoid getting rid of my EDI and starting over from scratch", are references to a product called IBM Connect for iSeries.

I've no direct knowledge of these, just following my search engine nose - the one at IBM support.

HTH

Vern