> From: Hatzenbeler, Tim
>
> But I have apps written with tomcat, and I like it as well...
> but there is
> something appealing to using true RPG code, in my web pages...  RSP looked
> insanely easy..  But i'm not running a current enough version of apache to
> give it a try... But I hope to apply the PTF next weekend so I
> can demo it.

On the other side of the coin, there is a school of thought that says
strategically you shouldn't have any business logic in your UI, and RSP is
exactly the opposite of that.  Now anyone who wants to maintain the
application has to know both HTML and RPG.

Whereas if you separate your system into a servlet, which calls an RPG
program to retrieve data, stuffs that data into a JavaBean, and then invokes
a JSP, while it's a little more complicated to start with, in the long run
it's simpler because the RPG programmer doesn't care about HTML and the HTML
person doesn't care about RPG.  It's the easiest way to clearly separate the
roles.

That's what attracted me to JSP in the first place.  A JSP page is like a
display file.  It's basically a bunch of constant data with holes in it
where I plug data from an RPG program.

Any who, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it <grin>.

Joe