Hi,

let's go back to the sample code of my first posting:

for i = 1 to Records;
      string = createString(DbField);
      tstring = trimString(String);
      newObject = someMethod(string);
      . . .
endfor;

Suppose "Records" is a large number (say 1 million or more).

Java objects "string" and "tstring" can be freed right after being used by
"someMethod", while all 1 million "newObject"  must kept up to the end of
the for loop.

Can I mix individual and group freing methods ?

Like this:

  beginObjGroup (env : 1000000);
  for i = 1 to Records;
        string = createString(DbField);
        tstring = trimString(String);
        newObject = someMethod(string);
|       freeJavaObject(string);
|       freeJavaObject(tstring);
  endfor;
| endObjGroup (env);

I tried the code above and it "seems" to work. But I'm not sure it is
correct.

Thanks.
-- Giuseppe