Isn't READC = Read-Changed?  When you read it, then that's the value.  The
next time you look at the record the value is unchanged so of course it
doesn't see it?

One solution you might consider is loading an Array with the changed RRNs so
you can then chain with the array values?  Or, update the OK records, and
send the RRN of bad ones to the array and process them afterwards with
whatever method you like?

I believe you may be able to process the changed record if its OK, and if
not OK, then turn on an error indicator  (say... *IN31 for a bad date, *IN32
for a bad State, *IN33 for a required field left blank, etc, and *IN30 as a
generic "there's an error" indicator)

Once you are done the loop and you are back at the main subfile, All of the
subfile record fields in error will be marked in the manner you choose
(reverse image, differing color, blinking, whatever)  Where you go from that
point on is trivial and of your own choosing.

 One other tidbit I've found useful:  Define an externally defined data
structure of the original contents of each subfile record and when you write
the original subfile record also write the data structure as a hidden field.
 Then, you can always rollback to the orignal data with a simple little
subroutine, even if the original file's data  has been changed.

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx