From: Charly Jones [mailto:charly309@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 12:27 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: SMP experiences

>There is a lot of LF updating I believe.  We have three files that get hit
>pretty hard every night.  The smallest has 94+ million records with 21
>indexes and the largest is over 400 million with 6 indexes.

Rick  --

If you have more than one job accessing these files you might want to check
that you are using the new improved terabyte indexes for all the access
paths built over these three files.  If you are using the gigabyte indexes
the locking during index maintenance is at the file level.  The new improved

terabyte indexes lock at the page level. It is controlled with the: Access
path size (ACCPTHSIZ) parameter either *MAX4GB  or *MAX1TB.  When you change

it, it will rebuild the access path.

--  Charly

Merlin Inc
Box 640