From:   midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent:   Wednesday, June 18, 2003 9:35 AM
To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject:        RE: Subfile Question

> From: Debbie Panco
>
> I have a subfile (say max size of 36 with 12 lines per page).
> (snip)
> Short of
> giving him only 1 page worth that he has to fill in at a time (and hitting
> enter at the end of each page), does anyone know of a way (a subfile
> keyword?) that will allow the auto advance to the next field but will not
> go to the top of the subfile if that auto advance field is the last field
> in the subfile?

Are you using SFLINZ, or are you actually writing the records to the subfile
yourself?

In any case, the trick is to set the CHECK(FE) attribute on the last field
of the last record of each page.  If you're filling the subfile yourself
with blank records, simply set an indicator to *ON on records 12, 24 and 36,
and *OFF everywhere else: eval *in41 = (%rem(rrn:12) = 0).  Use this
indicator to condition the CHECK(FE) attribute.  This will force a field
exit to exit the screen, and otherwise, will just hang on the last character
of the field and turn on the dreaded input inhibited.

With SFLINZ, I believe you can CHAIN out to the subfile and update the
individual records.  So do SFLINZ with the indicator off, then CHAIN to
records 12, 24 and 36, set the indicator on, and UPDATE each one.  This I'm
a little less clear on <grin>.

Joe