"John Myers - MM" <jmyersmm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
in message news:4.3.2.7.2.20030612144340.04def218@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Gee ... how many "ads" have you run on this list and Ignite ????  Methinks
> that David has been pretty accommodating.  This text below certainly looks
> like one to me:

John:

Vendor disclosure is mentioned in the monthly guidelines.  If you are a
vendor, or a vendors representative / partner, you need to indicate so when
you suggest the vendors product.

If someone asked about change management products, and I said "Where I work
we use MKS Implementer and it's the greatest thing in the world", this would
be a violation.  Strictly speaking it's a true statement ... I do think
Implementer is great ... but I also develop it ... so I have good reason
(all vendors should think their product is great).

Joe has mentioned his product in the past ... but he has never tried to say
that it was anything less than his own handiwork (and he's damn proud of it
... and won't hesitate to tell you so <grin>).

david