First posting here, tried searching archives with no luck.

We have recently started having a lot of client issues as we upgrade Client
Access Express for our end users. Up until now, the issues have usually
been with MS access files linked via ODBC to our AS/400. It seems that
deleting and recreating the links - and changing the Commit Mode from *CHG
to *NONE has resolved these problems.

I now have a user who is using a Domino @DBLookup (via ODBC) call to an
AS/400 file, and  I am receiving the following error (on his machine and
several others I've tried) <Data Application Access Layer>Could not execute
the @Db function. But, if I go to the old users PC - it works (ODBC driver
8.00.02.00 versus 6.00.07.00) - I tried updating my driver to 8.00.06.00 -
that didn't work. I tried playing with many of the settings - no luck.

I know I can simply rewrite the application using other means, but I would
like to resolve what the issue is - perhaps even just a pointer to a
resource for ODBC with Client Access in particular. Everything I can find
seems obsolete. I don't think the resolution should be to downgrade the
ODBC driver - there must be something that needs to be changed on the
driver - or perhaps on the AS/400....

The AS/400 is running V5R1, and I hear they are moving it to V5R2 soon - so
maybe that will help - but, doubtful.

The Client Access version in use is V5R1 SI01907. I tried using V5R1
SI08389 to no avail. It does work on V4R4 SF64474.

Thanks for any help or direction...

Michael Quimby
Client / Server Application Developer
The First Years