Chris (and all),

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. The firewall participates as a host on ring/network 1, along with about 15 PCs and the AS400. The 5 or so PCs that can't talk to the firewall (or any host on ring/network 1) exist on ring/network 2, along with the NIC in the AS/400. If the PC's could ping each other between networks, then I would already have it made.

I seem to remember at V4R5 that I was able to set data gram forwarding by line, and able to use the AS/400 as a passive router. I have lost that ability, though I don't know how or why.

Topology looks something like this:

| |
| AS/400 | TR Card 1 (172.24.1.1) --> PC's --> Firewall (172.24.1.10) --> More PCs
| |
| | TR card 2 (172.22.1.1) -------> PC's (172.22.***.***)

Is there something on the PC that needs to know about the other network? Something in the hosts file? Or entries in the DNS on the AS/400 to point to the firewall?? I know that TR Cards need to know about each other and have a path to forward traffic.

I have done this before on this machine at an earlier release. What a pain!

Thanks for your suggestions - any more??