Jeffrey,

If your client is a green-screen shop and this is their first foray into
accessing their database in client/server mode, they should examine their
security and look at what kind of worst-case scenarios could result from
opening up FTP.  Quite often security will need to be modified during
this transition.  This is a very big thing.

On a minor note, they should get familiar with the two different naming
systems and know how to switch between them as the need arises.

A "gotcha" could be called hidden if someone doesn't see it, even if it
is obvious to everyone else.  So it's hard to know the rough edges
without knowing their background and goals.  The FTP server should start
right up and clients should be able to access it on the internal network
without too much tinkering.  Do they need anything more?

Security, security, security!

Kind regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse