At 20:10 05/13/2003, Tom Liotta wrote:
That is, if you have all the necessary PTFs and NetServer is correctly configured (and it's a half-moon and it's Tuesday evening and who knows what all else), then you can add QNTC subdirectories by IP address rather than by machine name. This support supposedly allows you to cross Windows domains. The /QNTC/IPaddr subdirectory must be explicitly created and it will not survive IPL.

Of course, you also must have all Window domain trust relationships and profiles and authorities (and it must be a full moon and only on Mondays and...)

Anyway, the key parts of the process seem to be:

The domain must be in the domain search list (CHGTCPDMN).
The user must exist in the same domain as the NT host.
The user's password must be the same on AS400 and the NT domain. (doesn't seem to be case sensitive, but there's a PTF issue in that regard on V5R1 if I recall correctly).

I'm using a mix of NT4 and W2K domains.

In my (limited and uneducated) opinion, Netserver doesn't seem to honor trust relationships between domains.

That's all I think I know.

Pete Hall pbhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.pbhall.us/