Jim,

Thanks again.

Since I could RUNQRY (or SELECT *) on the file, I know the data was in there.
I don't think that the RPG-open issue is in play here.  I could be totally
wrong, though.

The restore should not have been a factor, since the records in question were
added by the application as it was running, and were not there from the
restore.  Again, the save was ACCPTH(*YES) so the access path(s) should not
have needed to be rebuilt.

As stated in the original post, I am in a bit of a "fix" regarding this issue.
We don't have V5R2 in-house yet - this issue arose at the benchmark center in
Rochester.  The IBM guys in the benchmark center recommmended that I submit
this as a bug, but I didn't have time to fool with that concurrent with the
benchmark runs.

I agree - RTVMBRD never has forced anything - but I'm suggesting that perhaps
it should.  Otherwise, it could be lying, and lying ain't good!!! (grin)

Regards,
Michael