   <snip>
    Instructions say this can be done = without powering down the system.
   Just wondering if this is as straig= ht-forward as the manual says, or if
   there are any hidden
   surprises to w= atch out for.  TIA.
   </snip>

   Yes it= is that easy, providing you are experienced in DST.  That is where
   yo= u power down the slots, then power them up.   Be real careful you   have
the correct slots when you do this.  Also be absolutely sure you= are
   properly grounded with a wrist strap when you handle the cards.
   <= DIV>
   If you used a business partner to get the equipment, h= ave them get a
   technition to do this for you.  We will always install = equipment like
   this for customers.  Yes, you will pay us an hourly rat= e, but that is a
   small price to pay for avoiding an outage.
   <= BR>
   Jim Oberholtzer
   Senior Technical Architect
   Comp= utech Resources, Inc.
   IBM Certified Systems Expert, iSe= ries Technical Solutions, V5R2
   IBM Certified Systems Expert, iSer= ies LPAR Technical Solutions, V5R2
   IBM Certified iSeries System A= dministration, V5R2