Mike Barton wrote:

John
             i suggest you either CRTDUPOBJ or CPYF the three physical
files
to the new names .
e.g. CPYF FROMFILE(Header_invoice) TOFILE(Header_invoice_123) CRTFILE(*YES)
CPYF FROMFILE(Detail_invoice) TOFILE(Detail_invoice_123) CRTFILE(*YES)
CPYF FROMFILE(Total_invoice) TOFILE(Total_invoice_123) CRTFILE(*YES)

And then do a CRTLF  specifying the 3 files
e.g.CRTLF FILE(InvoiceLF_123) DTAMBRS((Header_invoice_123)
(Detail_invoice_123) (Total_invoice_123))

Pls note I haven't actually tried this !

Mike

We have a program here that uses this approach, and it works fine.  We
create the new files (PF & LF) in QTEMP.

Terry Richardson
Vermont Information Processing, Inc.
terry@xxxxxxxxxx