midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   1. Re: Adopting authority not? (rob)
>
>I know that some of you out there have had projects in which you create
>files in which no one has access to.  All access is done via 5250 type
>programs in which adopted authority is used.  So even if the user is a
>member of a particular group, that group still does not have access to the
>data.  Only the programs that adopt some other authority actually have
>access to that data.
>
>In your experience, does CLRPFM work under this situation?

Rob:

This should work as long as the following comment from John Earl is heeded:

> > *         User Profile "ADOPT" belongs to the group "SSA", but adopted
> > authority cannot come from the group profile of a program's owner.

Commonly, the authority is granted to the program *OWNER, not to one of the
*OWNER's group profiles -- e.g., make the group profile be *OWNER.

Of course, I don't see that there's anything to stop *OWNER from switching to
one of its group profiles if any specific operation required it and switching
is authorized.

Tom Liotta

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.