From: Tom Jedrzejewicz @ San Pedro [mailto:TJedrzejewicz@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 11:37 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RTVDSKINF (was: Perm. apply PTF's thoughts)

Newbie admin question . . .

How often do you folks recommend that this be done, and what is the
recommended method to run it?

My initial thought is weekly (say Saturday night) run from a job
schedule entry.

Thanks.

>>> mhshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/28/03 02:31PM >>>
Jan,

If you are retrieving disk information on a weekly basis an easier way
to do it is with SQL:

Select *
   From qusrsys/qaezdisk
Where diobat = 'SAVF '
Order by diobli

You can get the field names for the file qaezdisk with dspffd
qusrsys/qaezdisk.

Sure beats running your system into the ground doing wrkfil *all/*all.

Regards,

Mike Shaw