Booth:

After seeing that the supplied "solution" only handled one-at-a-time, I jumped
to the conclusion that it was an interactive process and a modified CA macro
seemed an obvious possibility to me too.

Create a file of numbers to convert and download to the PC. Create an initial
macro that records the sequence of correcting one number. Save the macro as a
VB script.

>From there, it should be possible to modify the VB macro to use the downloaded
>file as input.

If it can be done by a batch process on the AS/400, the same logic should be
used in the macro.

Tom Liotta

midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   3. Re: Database editor (Booth Martin)
>
>I wonder if the easiest/quickest way under the circumstances would be to
>create a macro if you are using Client Access.  (It can be done with a
>terminal, to, but a bit differently).
>
>Start your program.  Key in the old number then start recording.  Finish the
>cycle and end the recording, save as a name, and map a convenient keypair to
>the macro.  You may need two macros. (perhaps Ctrl-down arrow and alt-down
>arrow?)

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South