I'm VERY new to the AS/400, sort of had the responsibility dropped in my lap
last year.  We're the misdemeanor probation dept. for our County and we use an
AS/400 (a 9406-720) with a proprietary software package on which we perform our
daily business.  This software package/database uses a Master List Entry number
that serves as the Primary Key for the database.  Each client's Case Numbers
reside under their ML#.  Our software vendor recently did a massive conversion
of our Case Numbers to a new format, but approx. 20,000 numbers were unable to
be converted, due to data entry errors, etc. that kept those cases from fitting
into the predefined format. This means that each of those remaining 20,000
numbers must be converted individually by hand.  There is a Case Number
correction/transfer module available in the software package, but you can only
correct one Case Number at a time.  I'm curious to know if there would be a way
to convert these case numbers in batches, using some type of editor, rather
than having to convert them all manually, one at a time.

Suggestions welcome...

Marsha Barton
Criminal Justice Services
1040 S. Florida Ave.