Test.  I don't think that permanently applying a ptf removes the save
file.  What it does remove is the copy of the objects changed by the ptf
stored "somewhere".  Permanently applying removes the ability to remove a
ptf by removing this backup copy.  It also applies it to the 'A' side of
the machine.  Which, in all but the rarest of cases, is insignificant to
you and I.

To remove the save file you're better off to do a
WRKOBJ OBJ(QGPL/QMF*) OBJTYPE(*FILE)
WRKOBJ OBJ(QGPL/QSI*) OBJTYPE(*FILE)
Actually I favor the huge
DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*FILE) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(QTEMP/DSPOBJD)
Followed by
 SELECT ODLBNM, ODOBNM, ODOBTP, ODOBAT,
        ODSIZU*ODBPUN AS Size,
        ODOBTX
 FROM qtemp/dspobjd
 WHERE ODOBAT = 'SAVF'
 ORDER BY size desc
Often when 'the other guy' downloads a ptf they may give it a non standard
name.  Or you may have a program product that uses QSF* or some other
naming convention.  And, you'll also find those save files from a year ago
when 'that one gal' saved an entire data library into a save file to
transfer to another system.

Tech note:  Once you get a size of all 9's for ODOBSZ you'll never use it
again and rely upon ODSIZU*ODBPUN as per the text on ODOBSZ says to.

Benjamin Franklin

Mike.Crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/28/2003 08:33 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion