Tom,

I would extend your method a bit.  You mention discipline as though it
were an optional component of modifying IBM-Supplied objects.  I would
suggest that you make it a requirement.  Rather than maintain a text file
which contains a description of your modifications, I would write a CL
program which performs those modifications.

In the case under discussion, you could perform a CRTDUPOBJ of the SBMJOB
command to the alternate library and then issue a CHGCMDDFT command
against that new command.  With some review at each release upgrade, you
could then re-run the program so that your modified commands are always
using current commands as a base.  This avoids the surprises of missing
or changed parameters when things change during an upgrade.  As you make
additional modifications, the CL program would grow in length to include
them all.

Also, I would not name a user library to something beginning with 'Q'.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse