Hope you mean replace the 620 with and 820 else ....-> Bet you discard a lot of the 620 going over as at the 810 level SPD technology is no more. Keeping any old DASD that is slow (LT 10K RPM) or slow performing controllers will be inhibitors towards the new system working at optimal levels. Hardware planning , set up and movement are critical and require an assurance review.

The 810 might be a CSU (customer set up) system too. With LPAR systems it is your responsibility to also:
Load all the software ( no pre load from IBM Plant)
Place all the feature cards and DASD in the proper slots
to match your desired end results.

Glenn