----- Original Message -----
From: "Urbanek, Marty" <Marty_Urbanek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Remote DB2 SQL access, Library List

> What you mean "yes, don't add the library to the system?" Are you just
> telling me don't add it to QSYSLIBL?

Correct. That would just add the library to EVERY job on the system. No
need.

> The owner of the library/collection is QPGMR and the user profile that I
am
> specifying in the CONNECT is a member of that group, and it has MYLIB as
its
> CURLIB specified in the USRPRF.

No, maybe I wasn't clear. SQL uses the user profile running the job or
connecting to define the un-qualified file's library. In plain SQL, the
SCHEMA or OWNER name, in 400 terms, the library name.

> Are you just saying I should specify *SQL naming on the STRSQL? My actual
> application is a JDBC connection, not STRSQL (I am just using STRSQL to
help
> diagnose the problem). Is there a SQL statement to make JDBC use the *SQL
> naming?

You can, the mechanics are different. That's why I said to put the current
library of the user at MYLIB. That way, if you use System naming, the
library shows up as the current library. If you use SQL naming, the user
profile running the connection (MYLIB) would then be used to qualify the
file name in the absence of any other qualifier. Hence the query would look
at mylib.myfile in SQL naming or *LIBL/mylib in System naming.